News & EventsLatest NewsCalendar
Watford leave it late but get the job done...

Watford leave it late but get the job done...

Stephen Chambers17 Feb - 17:59
Share via

In a thrilling match of the BWPL Champ One, We edged out Caledonia in a closely contested battle that ended with a 12-11 victory.

The game at the Bolton Jason Kenny Centre, was a showcase of skill, strategy, and resilience from both teams.

The match commenced at 15:20, under the watchful eyes of officials including Event Manager Mike Hesketh, Delegate Trevor Pledger, and Referees Roger Boyle and Jonny Richards.

The game was tightly contested from the beginning, with both teams ending the first period tied at 3-3. Caledonia’s Rory Nesbitt and Watford’s Samuel Carling and Joshua Brown were among the early scorers, setting the tone for a high-scoring game.

The second period saw Caledonia pull ahead, outscoring Watford 4-2, thanks to the formidable play of Rory Nesbitt and Murray Dickson, bringing the score to 7-5 in favor of Caledonia. However, Watford responded vigorously in the third period, with Joshua Barrett and Finlay Parnell finding the net, tying the game at 9-9 by the end of the period.

The final period was a nail-biter, with both teams exchanging goals. Watford's Finlay Parnell proved to be a crucial player, scoring twice and helping Watford to take a lead that they would not relinquish. Despite a late goal from Caledonia's James Miller, Watford held on to win the match 12-11.

Both teams utilized their timeouts strategically in the final period, with Caledonia attempting to disrupt Watford's momentum and plan their attack. However, Watford managed to maintain their lead and secure the victory.

The match was a testament to the competitive spirit of the British Water Polo League, with both teams demonstrating skill, determination, and teamwork. Watford's narrow victory over Caledonia adds another exciting chapter to their rivalry, and both teams will undoubtedly look forward to their next encounter.

Further reading